In Chi Kung (qigong) there are many standing meditations.
Below is a standing meditation you can practice that promotes relaxation
- Stand with your feet parallel and shoulder width apart
- Relax your feet on the floor
- Overlap your hands over the tan tien.
- Gently lift the tip of your tongue so to touch where the teeth meet the gums at the roof of the mouth
- Put your awareness where the hands meet the body and feel yourself breath
- When you are connected, imagine that your breath is like water and your torso a glass so that when you inhale the breath – through imagery – flows downward, meeting your hands and then fills the torso. (It is important not to use force. The imagery alone will cause a shift in how you breathe.)
- Breathe and relax.